Re: Digest Number 161

From: Erik Nolander <nollan_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 12:38:22 +0200

>My impression is that the easiest goals are the "Make the quester stronger"
>ones. (In practice at least 75% of my HQs are this one, since a stronger
>quester has a better chance of succeeding next time.)
>
>One of the hardest goals is the "Gain a magical treasure".
>
>The ones to give you a general bonus in the relevant area seem to be
>mid-range in difficulty.
>
>The "End a drought", peace bomb, etc. goals tend to be hard, but there
>seems to be a bonus if it's the right time for it, i.e. you had an event
>give the HQ as an option.

Yes, this is what I thought - I've succeeded with O&A during a drought when failing just before that. BTW, has anyone else managed to seduce Gagarth?

>In general, the more people the goal effects, the harder it is.

Sounds reasonable.

>Remember that each quest also a general benefit besides the named one, see
>your manual.
>
>My take on the difficulty of the quests, Easiest to hardest:
>
>Ernalda
>Storm Tribe
>Orlanth vs. Aroka
>Humakt
>Issaries
>Lhankor Mhy
>Chalana
>Uralda
>Elmal
>
>Your magic pointage may vary.....

;) Actually, I've found Humakt to be easier than Ernalda - provided that your quester is a quite good Humakti, though... It took me quite a while to succeed with Ernalda's - I kept failing when I ran into Babs Gor. A thought I had - do you think the age of the quester affects this last station? I think I've done better with an older quester at most times, but that might just be my imagination running wild... ;)

>My question (which I may have asked before) is if it is possible to get
>back to the Heroquest track after getting lost in the realm of the gods or
>is getting home safely the best you can hope for?

I've never succeeded on getting back on track, and I've tried several times.

Cheers,

Erik N