Stupid Trickster!

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 07:39:27 -0700 (PDT)

I'd somehow managed to crack my original KoDP CD, and had to order a replacement. I received that earlier this week, and in celebration started a new clan.

It has been a rough first year, what with the presence of many disease spirits, a devestating early raid by horse nomads taking so many of our horses that we can't recruit any more weaponthanes, so feuding neighbors were able to make off with many of our goods. I'd happened to choose "friendly" towards dragon kind, and we had a trickster, so in desperation sent off explorers to find the wyrm. They were ambushed and beat up by bandits, of course, but we tried again, found him, and sent our trickster off to trick him out of much of his treasure, so that we would have enough goods to trade for horses so we could recruit weaponthanes to protect what was left....

At least that was the plan.....here is what our scribes recorded of the incident:

"We sent Intagarn to take the treasure without killing the wyrm. Intagarn found the wyrm to be quite intelligent. So intelligent that, when Intagarn taught it how to gamble, it won handily, adding our clan�s wealth to its pile."

So, is the wyrm that intelligent, or our trickster that stupid?

*sigh* The game never ceases to find new ways to make life difficult! Of course, that _is_ why I love it so much :)

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - Free email you can access from anywhere! http://mail.yahoo.com/