Re: size of Tribal Ring?

From: Captain Button <button_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 15:42:20 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Bryan Thexton wrote:

> I'd originally assumed that the tribal ring was also 7
> members, like the clan ring, but as I went through
> more clan building exercises I found over seven
> different distinct seats requested in different games
> by different clans.
>
> Then I was re-reading King of Sartar, and somewhere in
> there it suggests that the tribal ring is of 13
> members (with the "unlucky" 13th member always being a
> token trickster).

There was an article way back when in _Wyrms Footprints_ (or was it _Wyrms Footnotes_? I can never keep those two straight) "Sartar High Council".

It described a game session where instead of the usual "Go kill things and take their stuff" adventure, players were given character descriptions for various members of the Sartar High Council and then spent the night arguing about what to do about the Lunar occupation, and a rumor that there was still a descendant of Sartar alive.

[ This sort of game is now a standard idea, but it was a new thing then. ]

There were definitely more than 7 members. IIRC they had members corresponding to the 7 Lightbringers and 6-7 more, including various other gods and goddesses. I'm sure there was an Earth priestess there, and a representative of the Ducks.

IIRC they had a round table with the Lightbringers interwoven with the others.

Note that in KDOP only 5 of the 7 Lightbringers have godtalkers, Flesh Man and Ginna Jar not having functional cults.

I thought I'd seen this article on one of the glorantha related websites, but I can't find it quickly, and something funny happens to lock up IE when I go looking today.

--
"You may have trouble getting permission to aero or lithobrake
asteroids on Earth."  -  James Nicoll