Re: KoDP 1.4 Bugs?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 17:17:27 -0700

In August, Christian wrote

> 3. More treasures bonus. "ISsaries will reward us if we have more treasures
> in 2 years." Usually this kind of event will result in a success/fail
> dialog, ie "Orlanth was happy we visited Kero Fin and have rewarded us"
> But not this one.

I can't remember if I answered you back then. I'm making sure all the bugs get into our bug database, no matter how trivial, and looked into this. In fact, Issaries does reward you (or remove his favor), with 5 years of improved trade.

We could add a news screen to this effect, but that would delay the actual release of the 1.5 upgrade. Right now I'd rather not hold back the release, but I realize feedback is good -- anyone have strong opinions on this?

> Still fun to play, and the only computer game I play with background music.

Pleased to hear it!

BTW, I've made minor updates to our FAQ. I could have sworn I'd mentioned the Windows font issue (be sure you have 96 dpi "small fonts"), but I couldn't find where. Also, I added a note about the fact that heroes can lose abilities or knowledge on a heroquest, most especially if they fail.

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.