Re: Wishlist ....

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 09:12:13 -0800

Mikael wrote

>First and most, a possibility to support the sheep population,
>perhaps a temple to Heler so you could sacrifice for a Bless Sheep.
>Perhaps it could only be built after a Aroka HQ ..?

I kind of like this, though in fact I'd be tempted to drop sheep altogether.

Jonathan wrote

>How about this idea to reduce costs - distribute it via the net only?

Producing the boxes and CDs certainly did cost money, but it's not nearly as significant as the development costs.

>I certainly don't mind downloading a few hundred meg for a game of
>this quality

Well, you already know what the quality is! Perhaps people will have Net connections capable of downloading 450 MB, but I consider that way too big. (Besides the fact that our ISP would charge us for the increase in bandwidth used, so it's not purely a cost reduction.) I don't think people would download 450 MB just to try it out.

>allow magazines to put it on their Cover CDs for people with slower
>connections.

Many magazines sell space on their CDs. And if KoDP2 were the same size, it would take most of the CD.

>I'm sure people would love to pre-order now if it'll help guarantee
>it happen. :-)

So many things could happen that I wouldn't want to take anyone's orders until we're sure we're going to ship. (Of course, if any of you have won the lottery or made a killing in the stock market before the dot-com crash, we'd be happy to be your clients if you want to be a patron of the arts :-)

>Am I the only one who things that the Hero Quests are too random? Most of
>the quests I could solve by learning the lore and making sure conditions
>were favourable. But one or two just would not let me solve them. No matter
>what I did I'd fail and I tried everything.

Hmm, I tend to think that they are too predictable, in that there is a set path.

Heroquests definitely test your hero, and there are many chances for failure. There are certainly things you can do to increase your odds. But think of it like soccer. What could be simpler? Just kick the ball past the goalie and into the net. The net's a lot bigger than the goalie, after all. How come it only actually happens a couple times in a game?

>* Raiding for food should either be an option or you should have a greater
>chance of getting food when you pillage.

Generally you have to be pretty low before you get food on a raid (but it will happen).

>Now to get back to working out why my warriors keep insisting they want to
>see the clan split into two...

Don't forget that splitting isn't the end of the world, it's actually a pretty common thing for an Orlanthi clan.

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.