Re: Re: pigs; starvation

From: Jonathan Wight <JWight_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 11:03:41 -0600

On 11/3/00 9:50 AM, "David Dunham" <david_at_...> wrote:

> Are your farmers wounded or sick all the time?

No, I've been careful to keep them healthy.

>> I do seem to have more children than adults and this may be the cause of the
>> problem.

> What's your total population size?

389 adults, 756 children!!!, thralls 0, thanes/crafters/hunters/nobles totalling 128. 9 ppl wounded/sick. Grand total 1282

Any chance I can sacrifice some children ;-)

> You've tried buying food or calling on your tribe mates for favors?

Buying food from the Beaker ducks but only ever get 40 per mission, which is not enough. No one seems to want to trade (although sometimes I get lucky) for food (I offer goods & horses). This seems to make me think a famine could be effecting all of Dragon Pass although the harvests are not terrible (even if they can't feed my clan).

> You didn't fail any heroquests or pick up any fertility-related
> curses, did you?

I have failed the Ernalda feeds the tribe, but that was several years ago. No fertility related curses AFAIK, I'll check the history but I don't think so. Sacrificing to my Ancestors to reveal info about curses says nothing.

>> Oddly enough KoDP went all 'weird' on me around the start of this famine
>> (I've got screencaptures of the error messages). Any chance I can blame this
>> famine on the bug?

> Did you send those to us already?

No will be doing so right now in a private e-mail.

    Jon.