Re: KoDP events

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 21:27:01 -0800

Kaj asked

> Is it possible to get an Event Editor for KoDP? One that allows us to
> design our own random events, or series of random events? Or to
> make our own magic items?

No, not really. It's not modular in that way. (And many treasures require C++ code, not just scripts.)

However...

I'm thinking it would be fun to add some new events when I do the next "I hate bugs" update. I've already got someone lined up to do a few, but I see no reason why we couldn't take one from the players as well.

The main rule: we can't add new artwork. So your event will have to reuse existing art. Also it can't have complicated branching.

Mikael added

> That would be really fun! It would be eaven more interesting if you could
> couple them to the named regions on the map ... I want to make Snakepipe
> hollow more interesting!

It should be easy enough to have alternate exploration scenes. (But keep in mind, we can't add artwork.)

I think the best way to get entries is to have the explanatory text (like "<otherClan.chief>, chief of the <otherClan> clan, came to complain ..." with the five or so choices. You can post to this list, or e-mail us direct.

Urox wrote

> Poor kids... How could they have known that 62 years earlier the
> chief of the thunder clan, Sarotar(1291-1357), invited sir EGOPERSON
> to our tula... He promised to come one day... And...well, he did but
> i still think it was quite rude to wait that long...

Sir Ethilrist is a capital-H Hero, and has heroquested for immortality... 62 years isn't all that long for him.

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.