Re: guidance on Heroquests

From: dharper_at_...
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:54:30 -0500 (EST)

Quoting Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>:

> Yet again> More spoilers ahead.

> PS: a note about various trade/exploration/diplomatic
> missions: some games just seem to be more afflicted
> with bandits than others do. So sometimes you can
> easily send out missions without much combat skill and
> not worry, other games you don't dare send out anyone
> with less than excellent combat accompanied by
> half-a-dozen weaponthanes. There is definately no
> all-around best strategy on this. There is also
> little that you can do about it. The Issaries quest
> is supposed to lower bandit activity for the next
> three years, but that is at best a short term sop.
> One of the few things I would like added to the game
> is something that let you take an active role in
> lowering bandit activity.

     While I was focusing on saving my people from starvation, one of those annoying-but-helpful reminders popped up. This one said something along the lines of "We have not sent any explorers out in a long time. Even if they were unable to find anything helpful, explorers at least keep bandits away from our tula." I suspect this means exploring your OWN tula keeps the bandits away (by finding their lairs and flushing them out).

     For that matter, forming a tribe with the clan with an intensive interest in trade is good, as they'll ask that the king make an oath to protect the tribe from banditry.

     Dave

This mail sent via Golden Triangle Web-Mail http://www.golden.net