Re: Re: guidance on Heroquests

From: dharper_at_...
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 14:53:27 -0500 (EST)

Quoting Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>:

> > Harder games are. I don't recall there's any
> > randomness here.
>
> Really? Maybe it is just the "luck of the dice." In
> my current game it took us three tries just to get an
> expedition through to the Quivin mountains, and it
> hasn't gotten better since. At least half of our
> expeditions have been attacked. On the other hand
> I've played other clans on hard where we seldom dealt
> with bandit attacks.

      I've never had a problem with bandits - but then, I sent out huge caravans. My parties either don't come back at all (rare, although this increases dramatically in certain places - you know the ones I'm talking about) or they come back safe and sound. I generally send 20+ warriors and 1 weaponthane, and they're just fine.

      If you send a small number - even weaponthanes - they'll be a lot more likely to be attacked, because they make a tempting target. Of course, they can also usually fight their way out - but why take risks? Just send some farmers out.

Dave

This mail sent via Golden Triangle Web-Mail http://www.golden.net