Re: Re: escorts and disappearing treasures

From: dharper_at_...
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 09:53:11 -0500 (EST)

Quoting Bill McJohn <billmc_at_...>:

> > Possible spoiler below....
> >

> > Has anyone ever had any success in retrieval of the "your magic artifact
> > that went mysteriously missing in the night"? Every party we've ever
> sent
> > to get it disappears without a trace. Is posting a reward more
> effective,
> > or should we figure that the Treasured Snark was easy-come, easy-go?
> >
> Definite spoiler:
>

> I remember at least once, when I had high magic (and, I think, Odayla's
> Tracking blessing), I performed a divination which responded 'at least
> n people will die if you try to get it back'. I sent out a party, and sure
> enough...
> but I got my treasure (or was it clan regalia?) back.

     I've gotten my regalia back as well. The most common response is that my party comes back empty handed; a few times they don't come back at all. It's rare that they do find it, but divinations help (if you have the magic).

      What I don't understand is what the regalia are, and what they do, if they're not treasures. Will you lose status if you don't get them back? Magic? Your ancestors will be displeased? What?

     Dave

This mail sent via Golden Triangle Web-Mail http://www.golden.net