Re: music available

From: Captain Button <button_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:40:32 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Kaj Sotala wrote:

> >We've gotten several requests for downloadable versions of the King
> >of Dragon Pass music. Two of Stan LePard's tunes are now available in
> >MP3 format at <http://a-sharp.com/kodp/music.html>, and we plan to
> >add more.
>
> "A trader/hero named Divad Mahnud, representative of the great
> Prahs-A, comes from distant lands to your tula, offering to sell you
> the Drums Of LePard, which are whispered to contain the secret of
> the greatest music of all time. Your people are amazed to learn that
> such legendary artifacts are being offered to you. Do you:
>
> 1) Bargain with him, going no higher than 120 cows
>
> 2) Bargain with him, going no higher than 160 cows
>
> 3) Challenge him to a duel of first blood for the Drums
>
> 4) Challenge him to a duel for the Drums
>
> 5) Turn him away
>
> 6) Make your Trickster fast-talk the Drums into your possession
>
> 7) Prove your courage to him by raiding a neighboring clan
>
> 8) Offer your clan magic for the drums
>
> [Clan ring]
>
> Clan Chief: We cannot let this opportunity slip from our hands.
>
> Trickster: Why do we need those Drums anyway?
>
> Humakti: Manhud is a famous heroquester, but I believe I can beat him.
>
> Uralda Priestess: Just leave the cows alone.
>
> Poet: The one who gets the Drums will be able to persuade anybody with
> his music...
>
> Farmer: We shouldnt raid now, not when we need everybody to work the
> fields.
>

> How's that for a new event?

:-)}

Quite good. Thanks.

Two quibbles:

You've only got six people on your ring?

I don't recall seeing events with 8 choices. 4 or 5 is most common, IIRC. 1 & 2 and 2 & 4 could be made one choice with a second question after the choice is picked.

--
"You may have trouble getting permission to aero or lithobrake
asteroids on Earth."  -  James Nicoll