Re: Re: regalia; divination; sheep; Absent minded god-talkers?

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 10:23:18 -0800 (PST)

OK, I did a small experiment today. I saved one sacred time on the first screen (showing the tula), and each time I restored the game, when I went to the next screen, I saw a different prophecy. Then the next year I saved during the second screen (where you assign you magics), and when I restored it it had the same prophecy.

I probably need to try saving in the same sacred time both ways and seeing if results differ to make sure that this is the issue--it might be coincidence.

A related issue, although trivial....when I was testing the first one out, I'd started assigning magic, then decided to restore to the same point. On then, although the bar at the bottom still listed my entire 18 magic points, at the top where it listed how much magic was available to assign it said I had only six points. I ended up going into sea season, taking an action, then restoring *again* back to sacred time, and I had all of my points available to assign.

Now, none of these are major problems, although a couple of interesting things come up.... 1) Those looking for easier game play could use it to cycle through prophecies until they get one they want (sadly, the time I had the magic point problem it had told me I had to go on a heroquest, and I'm due to perform the making of the storm tribe, too bad I lost it!)
2) If when I restored from sacred time to sacred time it didn't restore the memory of how much magic was available to assign, I wonder if it cleared memory of how much magic had been put into each area? I thought about not assigning any more and seeing what happened....but I don't want to go on a quest not sure whether or not I have questing magic in place!

--Bryan

> Guy
>
> > Thanks, David! You might want to check the link
> for
> > WeGoRaiding.mp3, however; it leads to WeDidIt.mp3.
>
> I believe the link is now fixed.
>

> Leka
>
> > I recently have uninstalled the KODP from my
> computer and now I want
> > to install it again. Do I have also to install
> all patches or just
> > the last one?
>
> You just need to install the 1.5 update (and it will
> update any version).
>

> David Dunham A Sharp david_at_...
> Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404 http://a-sharp.com
> Efficiency is intelligent laziness.