Re: enemies, ducks, and treasures

From: jaspire_at_...
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 17:55:03 -0000

> Excessive kicking is bad? Why? We've usually aimed to have a
single feud
> going, simply to have a raid target.

Yes, but that's not usually excessive. If you drive your enemy's to distraction--to the point where they come to you and declare that the thing has become a matter of tribal life and death--then it's gone too far. They won't back off, there will be no breather periods, and you'll eventually end up killing them off and looking around for another victim.

> Do cattle raids count as raids for keeping your War Magic fresh? I
> think an earlier posting on this list (buried in the archives
> somewhere) said those didn't count?

Cattle raids do not count as raids in terms of War Magic.

> Any tricks to stealing the statue? We sometimes get it, sometimes
> don't. Does party size have an impact, or the combat or magic
> skill of the leader?

The smaller the party, the greater the chance of being unnoticed. I also believe (but have no evidence supporting this) that being led by a trickster helps. It stands to reason.

Barry Brenesal