Re: enemies, ducks, and treasures

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 20:36:17 +0000

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001 12:22:18 -0800 (PST), Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...m> wrote:

>Oh, I never said I liked them personally, but their
>story does have a certain pathos to it. Anyway, none
>of the non-human races in Glorantha have goals that
>are particularly compatible with most humans' desire
>to live, love, enjoy life, and die in bed surrounded
>by grandchildren. At least the trolls are more
>understandable that the elves or dragonnewts!

Aldryami (Elves): Cover the world in lush, green forests (no farms), all live in peace within the one Song of Life Mostali (Dwarfs): Eliminate change and the aberration of Life, restore the order of the World Machine
Uz (Trolls): Eat everything, return the world to the Darkness Beastmen: Roam free, live together, live hard, die young, leave a beautiful corpse (frankly, I can't think of anything bad to say about them, other than "We need the land, wipe them out!") Dragonewts: khsdnbvt;oenbnbgfu nakfdnbvb;obhlr/dknbali/fd (wibble) Chaos: Do What Thou Will Shall Be The Whole Of The Law Lunars: We are all Us. You shall be assimilated.

>Having said all that, I do consider the trolls to be
>one of the easier enemies to take when setting up a
>clan in KoDP. They are especially good if nobody
>comes back for the Iron Spike for a good, long, time
>:)

I'd pay anything to get the bagpipes :) I LOVE that image...

Wulf (Central Scotland)