Re: enemies, ducks, and treasures

From: Drew Patterson <kaliyama_at_...>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 00:04:16 -0800

Wulf Corbett wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jan 2001 12:22:18 -0800 (PST), Bryan Thexton
> <bethexton_at_...> wrote:
>
> >Oh, I never said I liked them personally, but their
> >story does have a certain pathos to it. Anyway, none
> >of the non-human races in Glorantha have goals that
> >are particularly compatible with most humans' desire
> >to live, love, enjoy life, and die in bed surrounded
> >by grandchildren. At least the trolls are more
> >understandable that the elves or dragonnewts!
>
> Aldryami (Elves): Cover the world in lush, green forests (no farms),
> all live in peace within the one Song of Life

I understand elves plenty. They're a bunch of shifty-eyed little short buggers who scuttle around trees all day. Not at all trustworthy with those kind of habits, if y'ask me. I like to think that my weaponthanes can include a necklace of pointy little elf-ears whenever they go out raiding. :)
I dunno about the rest of you, but any enemy that wants to take away my sheep's home in favor of some birch is a mortal enemy indeed.

--

Drew Patterson, Zhong-shao
"You know, some nights, when no one else is around, Fidel Castro might