Re: Re: Immortality

From: Drew Patterson <kaliyama_at_...>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 00:13:34 -0800

> Game balance issues, there. One of the challenging factors in KoDP
> is the need to constantly train up new, youthful heroes, since your
> current crop age and die. If one of your leaders could continually
> grow without aging, always going on quests and becoming stronger, the
> game would end pretty quickly.
>
> Or, it would become an RPG in which lead characters go off on
> immortality quests. I prefer what we've got, now. :)
>
> Barry Brenesal

I could think of some ways to balance that out. :) As Sir Ethelrist continues to rack up years and power, he's bound to cause resentment as his colleagues and colleague's children well, die, I don't think anyone will have much feeling towards Sir E other than resentment. Or he'll get a Cragspider-like cult following and end up demanding control of the Clan. Having a power-hungry,insane, or embittered hero wanting control of the entire ring could create some interesting dynamics.

--

Drew Patterson, Zhong-shao
"You know, some nights, when no one else is around, Fidel Castro might