tribe-making, wealth

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 11:50:20 -0800 (PST)

Someone on the list mentioned that they generally hold off on tribe making until they feel that they are rich enough. Thinking through I realized that whenever we've had the blind prophet show up we've generally gone on to tribe making either right away, or as soon as we'd finished the Making of the Storm Tribe quest, which we've always managed within a couple of years. Just looking through the history of some old games, we seem to have crowned kings as early as 1339, and as late as 1346 (in my current game....my current clan has been less succesful than some of my previous ones).

Anyway, I'm wondering how long people have held off after initially receiving the prophecy before starting tribe building, and if they hit any additional warning points before you just lose the game by having others start the tribe building process without you? Or do people deliberately perform odd deeds to keep their reputation low enough for some years that the blind prophet doesn't show up?

Oh, and yah, that prisoners from the trolls thing does work--it cost us the grey net (no doubt over stretched trying to catch a dark troll!), but when attacked by 9 trolls and a horde of trollkin, we managed to take 11 captives, and get a ransom of 55 goods from "troll clan." I won't generally abuse this bug (especially with the grey net gone!), but I have to admit it was amusing, and did help pay for our tribe making! I think we are one clan larger than we might have been without the infusion of cash.

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices. http://auctions.yahoo.com/