Re: Quests

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 07:36:21 -0800

Bryan

> It really does amaze me how many bits and options the folk at A-Sharp
> packed into this game!

Thanks!

> PS. does anyone know if the "make the cows healthier" of the ernalda
> and uralda quests stack?

They ought to.

Paul

> Ernalda remains my particular
> nemesis -- in 8 of 9 attempts, I could not get past the initial
> challenge. Which,
> to my great annoyance, the myth makes no reference to or give any
> aid to -- the
> first time you run Ernalda, it's a complete guessing game as to what the
> correct option is.

It was a design goal that heroquests have some sort of surprise element to them.

But this isn't such a case: "The bountiful mother Ernalda was once drained of everything by an enemy who was kin to her husband." Perhaps the reference isn't clear, but from the Orlanth and Aroka story, we know that Daga is kin to Orlanth (Ernalda's husband).

And several of your choices can have a positive outcome (if you defeat Daga, you will not suffer drought for some time), even if it's not completion of the quest.

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.