Re: Games Domain

From: jaspire_at_...
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 23:10:48 -0000

Kaj, I think it would be fairer to say that he didn't mean to offend anybody who's present. If his remarks had been part of a larger review of industry-related problems from an insider familiar with the industry, I would have reacted with less heat; but they have the atmosphere of casual dissing. And while I have no reason to dislike the gentleman in question, I do not enjoy this kind of offhanded sneering at those who aren't present--much people whom I've known for years.

For the record, I've been writing articles, reviews, features, and fiction for international publications since the mid-80's. My credentials are pretty good, and though I've never worked for Gamespot, I know several of those people, and the people who work for other webzines. Some of the sites are clearly run by individuals with no idea how to logically formulate an opinion or consign it to print; others, more professional, give their best shot at anything they see, provided the space is available.

Flunkies? Bah.