Re: Re: Games Domain

From: behindthelines <behindthelines_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 13:30:53 +0100

Hi all,

I've been following the discussions about reviews of the game with interest. I'm new to the list and the game, only picking up my copy three weeks ago at an RPG convention in the UK.

Before spotting the game on another traders stand I had never heard of it (and I go to over 25 Wargames/RPG cons a year in the UK), and had not seen any reviews. I'm not into role-playing these days, but did have a soft spot for Runequest in the late 70's/early 80's. I DO like strategy & non-realtime RPG type games for my PC, and the combination of the RQ background and game type convinced me to part with my money. Normally the only places I tend to buy games from are the local shops, which all tend to be members of chains - these do not have a big selection, even from the major players.

My point is if I hadn't bumped into the game by chance, what were the odds of me hearing about it? This is not knocking A-Sharp, just a comment on the difficulties that small companies must face when marketting their games. Anyway, to get back on topic, I am really pleased that I did find the game, and will be recommending it to my friends.

Doubtless you'll be hearing more from me as I get stuck into the game.

Richard Tyson