Re: Spreading the Word

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 15:37:31 -0000

Helpful and occasinally silly, I think. I admit that the 'Clan Ring Options' running gag has been showing up in other venues (such as our weekly Hero Wars game)

> You raise a good point, and one which the entire list should perhaps
> consider in a spinoff thread. KoDP has been around for some time,
> now, and this is (usually) the kiss-of-death when it comes to

Sadly this is the case -- but if they won't review it till they have time and then turn around and say, 'THe game's too old' that's a hell of a cactch-22.

> magazine reviews. Is there serious anyway that we, individually or
> as a group, can make a difference in terms of media coverage on the
> product?

Oddly, a few polite emails to the various sites might work. Or enquries about a game might be of use. I'll probably send my spare copy of the game to Gamerz, a tv-show done locally about games.

Utilize your contacts as best you can, folks. Every little bit does help. I'd LIKE To see an expansion for the game or even more folks PLAYING the game.

IIRC, Jerry Pournelle reviewed the game in his column in Byte quite favorably.

> For example, has anyone tried approaching some of the general CRPG
> websites to do a KoDP review? (Don't try turning this one around on
> me. I already did my review, and in fact, approached a second
> magazine, Access, about KoDP coverage. Too old a product, they
said.)

Good idea. I think some folks had in the past but it was considered too 'marginal.' I'll see if I can dig up the email.

Has it really been over a year? Wow.

Jeff

"All your stead are belong to uz!"