Re: Re: publishing

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 20:57:34 +0100

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 19:28:27 -0000, "Ron "TheHornist" Boerger" <rboerger_at_...> wrote:

>I don't know a whole lot of people who are really going to wait a
>couple of hours to download a game, and for most people it would be
>much, much, slower. Then again, it's been a while since anyone
>would consider me a hardcore gamer ...

Hey, I've downloaded PATCHES that took over that time... I have a normal dialup PSTN link on a pretty poor line (I THINK I got that fixed, after numerous complaints...), but I admit the biggest thing I ever d/l was a 250 Mb free game (Steel Panthers World at War). Not, of course, all at once (7+ hours), but using the 'resume' facility on GO!zilla over maybe 5-6 days. I actually THOUGHT after buying Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord on the 'net I would have to d/l it, but fortunately (350 Mb+) it was (after a couple of months!), delivered by CD.

Wulf