Re: Re: publishing

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:55:13 -0800 (PST)

Just downloading the last patch over my 56k modem was a trial (lost the connection three times during the process).

I can think of another disadvantage to downloading something that big: you really want a CD burner if you want to be able to change the computer that you play the game on. I've used KoDP on at least 3 machines: home, work (only at lunch, honest!), and on a lap top I took to a conference. The lap top was a bit of a pain because it's little modem card was so slow I couldn't usefully download the patch, and the patch was too big for a floppy, so I had to play version 1.0.

In short, count my hand in the air in favor of getting a CD. Then again, I'm old and follilized by computer game standards.

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/?.refer=text