Direct Download vs CD distribution

From: Jonathan Wight <JWight_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 15:28:46 -0600

Adding my twopence to this debate...

Personally I'd have preferred to download KoDP (and FWIF Combat Mission). I'm quite happy downloading large files, I've downloaded a few Linux ISO disc images quite often. I'm probably not the typical user though.

On the other hand - why not take advantage of both methods of distribution? I'd go as far as to provide a slight price reduction for people who download it directly.

I begrudge paying 'extra' for the packaging, manual, distribution, and cost of duplication. The packaging for KoDP has been disposed of and the manual would have been just as good as a well made PDF file.

    Jon.