Humakt and Uralda ticking me off

From: Bender the Robot <bendertherobot_at_...>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 21:49:35 -0400

This is somewhere between a bug and a really irritating feature: You know the omens that say "raid before being raided" and "learn a blessing of Uralda"? Apparently, if you don't raid in your first action in Sea Season and some stinking Tusk Riders or <spit> Horse Spawn raid you in Sea Season, Humakt is Displeased. So if your food stocks are low, you have to take a risk of starvation or risk being raided and losing the ability to sacrifice magic for war for 2 years. To make matters worse, his pompous godtalker tells you that Humakt is the god of oaths, and we broke our oath to him to raid before bieng raided. Which of course isn't true--an omen isn't an oath.

Uralda is just as muddled. I sacrificied 14 cattle in my first action and learned some of the mysteries of "Uralda's Blessing." Isn't that learning one of her blessings? Don't play word games with me and say "Uralda's Blessing" isn't a "blessing". Admittedly, the penalty for not learning one of U's blessings is just not being able to sacrifice for herd magic, which ain't that bad. Not as bad as no war magic for 2 years, anyhow.

--M