Re: Payback is.......next to impossible?

From: Paul Echeverri <gomi_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 11:19:18 -0700 (PDT)

>Early in the game most clans will accept 35 cows worth
>of goods or equivelent as a sure-fire repayment for a
>favor. We are now shipping off the equivalent of 112
>cows worth of goods and it isn't enough? I can see
>some scaling based on clans' wealth, but this is nuts!
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions?

Don't bother pre-emptively paying off favors. They almost never get called in. I routinely select 'owe a favor' when the various cults (Odayla, Uralda, Chalana Arroy) swing by with offers of blessings, and they just don't call for repayment that often. Pre-emptive payoff of favors is, as you note above, very risky, even when sending off a gargantuan quantity of stuff, and just plain unnecessary. When they really need help, they'll ask; if you've been running the clan well, you'll have enough of whatever they ask for. If they don't ask, well, you've come out ahead. And the odds are they won't ask.

gomi