diplomacy magic

From: Bender the Robot <bendertherobot_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:57:28 -0400

Christian wrote:
>You can always give gifts. I do not know if it is a good idea or not, but
>when my clan has the tribal king/queen, every other year I select magic for
>diplomacy ...

Every *other* year? Any year I don't put at least 2 points into diplomacy, a
delegation of clan chiefs comes and kvetches that I have violated the oath of office, etc. etc. and I either have to pay them off (very expensive) or abdicate or see all but 2 other clans leave the tribe. In fact, I've had that
happen with only 2 points in diplomacy, though not with 3, so I always put three in if I have the option.

--Matt