Re: diplomacy magic

From: Stefan Kalgraf <tassen_99_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 15:50:45 +0200

>Every *other* year? Any year I don't put at least 2 points into diplomacy,
>delegation of clan chiefs comes and kvetches that I have violated the oath
>of office, etc. etc. and I either have to pay them off (very expensive) or
>abdicate or see all but 2 other clans leave the tribe. In fact, I've had
>that
>happen with only 2 points in diplomacy, though not with 3, so I always put
>three in if I have the option.

That happens occasionally to me too (what the hell are they complaining about anyway? *They're* the ones who get the most out of the tribe with all those silly concessions!) I usually tell them I'll smash them all if they try to leave...the battle that comes after that is really satisfying, and winnable. 2 out of 3 in my favor so far :)

But anyway, it means tribal mood is low. this mood is pretty stable in my experience, I haven't really seen it chance without some serious negative events so I'm not sure if diplomacy magic is worth it. Doing the storm tribe heroquest is an easy way to deal with it for a while.

An interesting thing about this is that a low mood will carry over to you from the previous king. Pretty much the only times they rioted for me, usually a year or so after the crowning. Too soon for me to heroquest safely in any case :(

Do You Yahoo!?