Re: diplomacy magic

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 15:52:23 -0000

Having a Tribal King with a low Leadership or Customs or Combat may be a problem. Having large obligations to various clans as a part of the tribe making process may cause problems that never go away. (Use LM's divination to check on that)

I frequently use Founding the Storm Tribe to boost Tribal Morale. VERY useful -- they tend to be very good about supporting the king after that.

> But anyway, it means tribal mood is low. this mood is pretty stable
in my experience, I haven't really seen it chance without some serious negative events so I'm not sure if diplomacy magic is worth it. Doing the storm tribe heroquest is an easy way to deal with it for a while.

Diplomacy magic does help with anything you do but sometimes long-festering issues require more direct methods.

> An interesting thing about this is that a low mood will carry over
to you from the previous king. Pretty much the only times they rioted for me, usually a year or so after the crowning. Too soon for me to heroquest safely in any case :(

That can be a problem. I tend to do a heroquest as soon as I become King -- get all that lovely support and put it to good use.

Jeff