Re: Keeping The clan small

From: Kaj Sotala <Tspro_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:04:57 +0300

>If you grab land, you anger some neighbors, and assuming your

So what. Like just about everybody else on this list, I've picked one "whipping boy" clan that I can treat anyway I want. And if they move away, they can hardly influence my clan anymore, so I can just pick a new whipping boy.

>and assuming your
>crops fail, end up starving your people anyway, since a bad harvest
>means a much greater loss which can't be compensated easily.

Hmm. It's been some time since I played, but if I recall correctly, I've always performed the Ernalda heroquest during the first years, and never had any problems with food after that.

>What's wrong with splitting off?

You lose about a quarter of your population. The smaller your population, the less footmen you have, the less magic you have, the less goods you have. If I must choose between having 2000 goods, 120 points of magic and a bad mood in the clan or much smaller amounts of treasure and a good mood, I'll pick the first one without hesitation.