Singing the Joys of Bloodearth

From: j.hyde_at_...
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 10:13:39 -0000

Still a relative newbie to this fine game but I just hit on about the most evil combination I can think of.

An orlanth temple sporting Lightning (+ wounds/deaths) and thunderstone (+skimishers)

combined with
A Maran Gor Shrine with the Earthblood (+crops for all deaths on your tula)

Whenever one of my many enemies pays a visit to my tula (be it the whipping boy, the horse people, tusk riders, trolls, etc.) I set the battle to 'skirmish' and 'kill as many as possible'

Since skirmish minimizes my own losses and the orlanth blessing really stack up the enemy corpses, Earthblood really sets the fields on fire in a typically raid prone year. The best part is when I do get spanked on the field of battle, I'm wattering my own crops.

Once I get a head of steam going, activating a few more feuds means that I'll average 4 raids a year often totaling over 60 enemy deaths. Once the ball gets rolling, there's really no such thing as a bad crop anymore and off I go trading away grain for goods and cows.

Not sure how evil this would be in an orlanthi's eye =)

Cheers!
-James