Prophecy - has anyone seen this one?

From: macman_at_...
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 05:38:09 -0000

Here's a prophecy that I received once during the year that I was tribe-making in a short game. I lost the game later, so I don't know what the deal was.

Elgane, my Uralda magic leader came forward and said:

A prophecy, first whispered by the gentlest wind spirits, then sung by the small pools of water which collect after an evening rain, and passing to the lips of children in the form of a nonsense rhyme, has now reached the understanding of adult men and women. It says: "Many years ago, the dragon's firstborn son was sent to the protection of the Island of Hills. But the chieftans of that land were capricious and cruel, or maybe just crazy and proved a greater threat to the safety of the dragon's son than anyone else. Long has he been in bondage, but now from the ashes of the dragon a great carraige arises, a carriage designed by Goldentongue. Those who help build it will be rewarded by the freedom of the dragon's son, and a glorious new day will begin.

In this game, I had not found the ancient chariot on my land. I was a friend of the dragons and had explored the apropriate map points.

Ideas?

Random event?

Beginning of a story?

Incidentally, the record of the prophecy does not show up in the history log, I made a screen shot of the prophecy popup so I was able to remember it.

Stephen