Re: game winnable without the Silver Dragon?

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 09:18:41 -0400

> Message: 1
> All:
> Is it possible to win the long game without the Silver Dragon? I seem
> to be stuck at the town-making stage, being unable after 4 tries to get the
> two warring kings to agree to make a town. I have Literacy, Oath, and
> Silvertongue running, an Issaries godtalker on the ring with excellent
> bargaining, and a tribal queen with renowned leadership. However, I lost
> the Silver Dragon when a stray bolt of sorcerous magic from the Pharaoh's
> minions melted it (one of the least rationalizable outcomes of any event,
> BTW). That was 40 years ago. I want to know: has anyone else won the long
> game without the SD?
>
> --M

I usually sell the accursed dragon thing -- afterall, I don't like dragons. Nasty critters ate all our ancestors.

One's ability to bargain is important at the town-making stage. Leadership is less important here. Send out your Issaries to do the negotiating, not the leader. And, of course, a quick 'Founding the Storm Tribe' HQ will help a lot too.

Jeff of the Cyrlings

--
Jeffrey Kyer
BESI Interim Change Management (EP) / Consultant