Sudden fatal error

From: Gary Breinholt <mythagic_at_...>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 20:17:10 -0000

  I'm almost heartbroken: I haven't played KoDP for a few months but now that I have reloaded I keep getting the same problem.   Any screen that allows you to pick a person (eg re-organise Clan ring or select an expedition leader) has developed a very slow response time. In addition at least one of the portraits wil be missing. It is almost as though the computer is having a problem locating that particular portrait and is freezing whilst it does a search of the CD.
  The names, descriptions and portraits also seem to be mixed up in some cases.

  On my home computer (windows 98) this is infuriating but on my laptop (windows 95) the program will crash with a message that Mtplayer has performed and illegal operation.   Any ideas what might be going on?

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both version 1.1 and version 1.6. On both machines the problem persists.

Please help

Gary Breinholt
mythagic_at_...