Re: thralls; generosity

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 06:25:41 -0700 (PDT)

I have no experience with the thrall taking clans, so won't comment on that part.

> Recently entertaining the thanes of the tribe at a
> coronation ceremony, I
> slaughtered 50 cows, cooked food for 200 people for
> a year, and gave away 50
> cows worth of silver rings. The thanes sniffed that
> my generosity was less
> than many other clans. WTF?

I've found that to win any credit at the coronation ceremony takes huge sacrifices, and frequently we don't have that much wealth to throw away (if we did, we'd have made a run at becoming king!). So now I usually choose another option.....it just seems safer.  Maybe this hurts our reputation, I don't know, but it never seems to come up in comments.

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Make a great connection at Yahoo! Personals. http://personals.yahoo.com