Re: Re: game winnable without the Silver Dragon?

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 11:11:48 -0700 (PDT)

I agree that Elmali clans are quite strong. Choosing Elmal as your great god, and sticking with him at the end of the darkness, so that you start with a full temple, with the sun and steadfast blessings, I really find to be an excellent starting point. Helps your food, helps you survive, and it is a better investment than two shrines, as far as building costs go.

Of course, the real pay-off is when you manage to succeed at the Elmal heroquest. The reduction in losses to raids really add up over time.

I actually find Ernalda as a great god not bad either.  After all, you usually want an Ernaldan on the ring for the crops magic, and there are usually some with good leadership, so it is good use of your leaders, and the Ernalda feeds the tribe quest is pretty potent too.

Orlanth as great god I personally find the hardest. I find often I either have to have multiple orlanthi on the ring or else I'm not using my best leaders, and while the O&A quest is easier to learn I don't find it as potent. *shrug* Other people may have different opinions of course.

Oh, one note....your king doesn't have to be your chief. I've had an Elmali chief and elected an Orlanthi king. You need to make sure that you don't mind having the king on your ring at almost all times, of course, but it is an option to consider.

--Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Make a great connection at Yahoo! Personals. http://personals.yahoo.com