Re: Beastmen

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 20:59:29 +0000

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 21:27:34 +0100, "Milos Rasic" <mrasic_at_...> wrote:

>Are Dukcs, Centaurs, Wasp-Riders,Fox-men and other beastmen of Dragon
>Pass one of Hsunchen?

As I understand it, no, except perhaps the Wasp Riders. Beastmen are part man, part beast (not 100% sure how this applies to the Ducks though), whereas Hsunchen WORSHIP animal spirits (or the odd bird or fish), can, with dedication, even turn into that beast, but, in their normal form, they look human. They believe they are animals in human form. Ducks worship gods, often Orlanth or Humakt. Wasp Riders are pigmy humans who 'worship' wasps, but I'm still not sure they class as Hsunchen. Foxmen (well, Foxwomen) worship Vuskarasa. I'm not too sure who Centaurs worship, but they're not Hsunchen.

>Do Foxmen of Dragon Pass have anything in common with Vuskarasas?

Same thing. In Dragon Pass, they're called Elurae.

Wulf