Re: Re: question for David

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 20:22:52 +0000

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002 21:06:56 +0100, "Milos Rasic" <mrasic_at_...> wrote:

>I know that rules are not Hero Wars subsystem of RuneQuest,

hmm... sounds like you have a radically wrong idea of what Hero Wars is... although it's a RPG set in Glorantha, it bears no resemblance whatsoever to the RuneQuest mechanics (well, you roll a D20, like in RQ2, and you want to roll low for success, but barring that...). Two completely separate game systems, mechanically.

However...

>but I was
>more interested in culture and mythology of Orlanthi. Can culture of
>Quivini, as presented in the game, be considered official?

The cultures, creatures and societies are, with a few detail exceptions, accurate to those represented in Hero Wars, and thus are to Glorantha. The exceptions include, for example, the relationships between Animist and Theist worship (spirits vs. gods), and the time periods depicted (KoDP is set 300 years in the past from the 'standard' Hero Wars depiction of Dragon Pass, among others.

Wulf