Re: Settling Dragon Pass

From: Edward Bornstein <button_at_...>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 19:40:18 -0500

>When did migration of Heortlings into Dragon Pass begin and when did it
>end? I want to compare my achievements in the game with official dates.

There is a timeline of the official history at:

 http://www.glorantha.com/library/history/timeline-dragonpass.html

Just scanning it and snipping relevent stuff:

1300 Clearwine settled by Colymar and Hendriki settlers 1300-1320 Torkani, Culbrea, Dundealos, Malani, Balmyr tribes enter

                 Dragon Pass
1318     Belintar becomes Pharoah of the "Holy Country"
1320-1325 "1st Wave" of settlers begins entering Dragon Pass  c. 1320 Clearwine burned. Colymar enter a local hill fort.
1325     Clearwine burned. Colymar enter a local hill fort.
1325     Pharoah's scouts discover Grazers in Dragon Pass
between 1326 & 1333  Gwyther Grimwise attacks Ingkot & Hwarin
1330       Refugees from Peloria enter Dragon Pass and find
                 Shaker's Temple
1335         Colymar dies. Colymar clan becomes Colymar Tribe,
                  with 5 clans
1340       Hendreiki and Esrolians enter Dragon Pass
1380-1383 Colymar and Lismelder seizes duck lands. War with
                  durulz (ducks).
1383         An army of corpses marches out of the Upland Marsh.
                  Lismelder Tribe places themselves under durulz
                  protection.
c. 1395      Jardankorda the Brave (Grazer chief) betrayed by
                   Yarandros and slain in battle.
1400         Locaem & Kultain Tribes enter Balmyr lands, force
                   Balmyr out.
1402         Grazers fight with Tarsh. Grazers lose, retreat into hills.
1420         Derek Poljoni leads his "clan" into No Man's Land/Prax
...               He is aided by dragonewt mercenaries...
...             ... and Grazers.
c. 1440     Quivini, Colymar, & Praxians raid Tarsh. Bagnot falls.
1450-1470  Religious turmoil among the Grazers - Vendref; women
                   vs. men.
c. 1460     Telmori cross The Creek (Dragon Pass), force the
                   Torkani into the Indigo Mountains area.
1470 Sartar comes to Dragon Pass.
1476 Enjossi performs a river ritual, brings salmon back to The
              River.
1476     Sartar builds walls of Boldhome
1480     Sartar allies the Telmori by giving them a new leader, Ostlin
              4-Wolf
 1480    Sartar makes Jonstown Confederation from Telmori enemies
              (Torkani, Culbrea, Maboder, Cinsina)
1486    For defense against Praxians, Sartar forms Swenstown
              Confederation from Balkoth, Kheldon, Dundealos, Aranwyth
              Tribes.
1489     Sartar Peacemaker ends Poljoni/Praxian battles
              [[what does he give the Praxians?]]
 1490 Poljoni gain membership in Swenstown confederation. 1492 Boldhome founded
1492-1520 Sartar is "King of Dragon Pass" 1495 Sartar marries Feathered Horse Queen
--
"We have to go forth and crush every world view that doesn't believe in
tolerance and free speech," - David Brin