Re: Tribal Moot

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:51:13 -0800

Milos asks

> What is it? It is mentioned very often in the game but never fully
> explained. All I know is that the King of tribe can call on it if he
> doesn't want to take responsibility for some decision or simply cannot
> decide.

That's essentially correct. It's modeled after the Icelandic Althing, if the Icelanders had kings.

It's essentially a law court for disputes between clans, at which the king takes as much notice of political factors as legal ones.

> Aslo, during the making of the tribe, seats are mentioned, some
> of them even named, but they seem not to have effect once the tribe is
> formed. Could someone tell me how many seats there are on the tribal
> moot and what their names are?

The tribal council (or ring) is involved in the day-to-day business of the tribe. The exact composition is somewhat flexible (i.e. there doesn't *have* to be a Thunder Brothers seat), but it's traditionally 13 members.

--

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com