Just how many horses do they have?

From: Kaj Sotala <Tspro_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 17:44:08 +0200

After a pause far too long, I've finally began playing KoDP again. Now, while exploring, my explorers encountered the event where you can steal the Goldeneye Horse from the Horse-Spawn. I decided to try it out, and behold: my weaponthanes succeeded in bringing back the horse.

Sometime later, another clan approached us and offered to buy the horse. I agreed to sell it to them for exchange of a good price of 60 cattle and 30 goods.

And guess what happened next... yes, as I sent out my men to do some more exploring, they stumbled upon the same event again, and not only that, I once again succeeded in stealing the same horse from the Horse-Spawn!

Next thing to happen? If you thought that somebody would offer to buy the horse for 60 cattle and 30 goods, you were absolutely right. And I agreed.

I'm not going to go explore the area of the map where the Horse-Spawn live again, since selling the same darn horse THREE times would feel too much like cheating... but I can't help but wonder about just how many magnificent, clearly magical horses do the Horse-Spawn have, and how come they leave them badly guarded even after they've lost one of them?

"The deeds of the Finns during the Winter War gave others an example of how a people must fight for its independence." - Colonel General Dimitrij Volkogonov, February 1989 ICQ 18051088/AIM Xuenay/MSN Xuenay_at_...