Re: Just how many horses do they have?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 15:32:51 -0800

Kaj

> And guess what happened next... yes, as I sent out my men to do some more
> exploring, they stumbled upon the same event again, and not only that, I once
> again succeeded in stealing the same horse from the Horse-Spawn!

Yes, Robin Laws designed this so that it could repeat. However, you don't get the chance to steal a Goldeneye every time you visit the Grazelands. (There are other things that can happen.)

> Next thing to happen? If you thought that somebody would offer to buy the
> horse for 60 cattle and 30 goods, you were absolutely right. And I agreed.

The clan that wants to buy it has a special affinity with horses.

> I'm not going to go explore the area of the map where the Horse-Spawn live
> again, since selling the same darn horse THREE times would feel too much
> like cheating...

You could easily fail to steal the horse (plus see above).

--

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com