Re: Children

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:10:59 -0800

At 14:46 +0000 01-12-18, Bryan wrote:

> There was only one small fly in the ointment: shortage
> of children. We'd recovered to the point that the
> ring wasn't talking about it, but their numbers were
> still low.

OK, this seems to be a fairly common report. I'd looked at the code before and seen nothing wrong.

I finally got some time to analyze this with the debugger, and it looks like the children calculation is correct, but simply not working. This suggests a compiler problem. I'm looking at it right now on a Macintosh. Have people seen the "no children" problem under Windows too?

I think several reports suggest that it started in version 1.6. There don't seem to be any relevant changes, though it's possible I switched Macintosh compilers at that time.

--

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com