Re: Children

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:39:16 -0800

Bryan

> It is possible that this is a feature not a
> bug....perhaps after I made the comment others chimed
> in, and this just happened to be after 1.6 came out.

No, I'm pretty certain it's a bug. The calculation is coming out as zero for no good reason, and I'm trying to determine if I need to do Windows debugging as well (I've updated the development software and hope I don't have to go back to the original).

Then again, it looks like I still have the original Macintosh compiler, so I don't know what would have changed in 1.6.

> If the program tracks the
> rough age distribution of the adults, perhaps those
> newly initiated adults aren't having many babies yet,
> and if I'm too busy or distracted or stretched to put
> magic into helping them, well, it will leave the clan
> vulnerable to anything that hurts our fertility or
> kills off many kids.

The economic model does track the ages of children (so children magic or a child-preventing curse won't affect your adult population for 15 years), but not adults.

--

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_...
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com