Re: Can computers tell gender?

From: Michael Jason Teegarden <mjteegarden_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:11:49 -0700 (PDT)

> generally does :). The very first thing that
> happens after the quest
> is finished, before we even take another action, is
> that the tribal
> thanes gather and demand that the king step down!

the very same thing happened to me as well (long game option, of course). what i believe is happening, is that either (1) the heroquest only improves the mood level by one or two levels, which turn out to be still inadequate for the tribe as a whole once it had already hit that boiling point ... or (2) the plot event of the uprising is triggered to happen by the piss-poor chief/king but to happen in a season or two ... and your new chief/king just walks right into it.

when i tried the same thing in another game, and waited this time for the tribe to replace the king, the new one had no problems. it seems the other clans' candidates work fine ... but your own gets saddled with _all_ of the former king's
responsibilities and consequences ... talk about needing "heroic" leadership! :)

michael jason teegarden

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance - Get real-time stock quotes http://finance.yahoo.com