Recruiting weaponthanes

From: mitchmills2000 <mitchmills_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 13:40:01 -0000

I had some questions about recruiting weaponthanes. When you do so you're given several options such as whether to recruit from promising carls or from outside the clan, and also whether to pay an extra cow when you recruit them. Does anyone have any thoughts on the advantages and disadvantages of these options?

If I'm short of farmers I generally recruit from outside the clan, but is there a tradeoff in terms of the quality of the thanes recruited, or in terms of upsetting or improving the mood of the existing thanes or carls?

Does recruiting outside the clan upset neighboring clans? (It's unclear to me whether you're poaching thanes from other clans or not when you recruit from outside).

Does throwing in an extra cow get you better quality thanes but upset the carls and/or the existing thanes?

Thanks for the help,
Mitch.