KoDP's engine modifiable?

From: kentcave <kentcave_at_...> <kentcave_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 17:53:03 -0000

I mean, for some creative folks to change the text, to change the pictures, music etc.

Yet still retains the basic principle of the game. As most games nowadays can be modifiable, I just hope this might happens too.

I mean, when I was young, I used to play those Romance of Three Kingdom, Bandit Kings, Nobunaga games. Then in a fit of insanity fueled by heretical creativity, I went and messed up the text, pics and music of those games.

Making them, in fact to become a totally unrecognizeable yet still playable new games. A reborn or refreshing of ole favourites.

Hmm imagine the possibilities. I will change the game to few favourites personal concepts. Of course, it will surely be enjoyable to me, yet who knows in this weird wide world scatterred across galaxies in multitude of universes, someone somewhere out there think alike and hence took some fun out of it.

A fan-made King of Middle Earth, where the fellowship members or those ancient folks of various races discussing the fate of the ring at rivendell, or just a simple hobbit gathering are the council elders, trying to survive in a dark corner of the world. Our imagination shall runs free, trying to make a foot-hold in the Shire, Isengard's surrounding, or outskirt of Rohan and Gondor, etc.

King of Romance of 3 Kingdoms, King of Prince & Princess of Amber , King of Brittanian/Sosarian, etc etc