Re: Choose your enemies close by?

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 12:39:06 -0800 (PST)

> guess now I start making friends as I lost out to being king even
> with all my ring members being renowned or heroic!
But how is your clan viewed? To become tribal king you usually need to be at the top one or two notches of the good king/bad king scale that you see when assigning sacred time magic. Usually you can't do it right at the beginning of tribe making. When in doubt, you can do the Making of the Storm Tribe quest to improve your reputation.

I donno
> my "successful" strategy was to keep two feuds going, pretty close at
>
> hand but resolve any hostilities further away. By concentrating on
> these feuds and winning the battles I weakened my enemies so later
> raids were ineffectual. Gues I folowed Sun Tzu's strategy, but
> really happy to chat to anyone with suggestions and points of view.

A fine strategy. I normally settle one of those feuds and keep the other clan weak, but if you can handle both of them that is fine. Note that there are times that you'll want to expand your tula for one reason or another, so being able to kick one feuding clan out and keep the other around could be handy.

Sounds like you are off to a good start. Enjoy!

--Bryan
PS. I was referring to the "ancient enemy" that you choose when designing your clan. The default in for the demo is, I think, the forces of winter.

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now. http://mailplus.yahoo.com