Re: Ducks

From: KentCave <kentcave_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 22:54:24 +0700

> Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 13:37:54 -0800 (PST)
> From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
> Subject: Re: Duck!
>
> --- MikeGamer_at_... wrote:
> > <PRE>Yep you can get the ducks to join and it makes for an
> > interesting time, they
> > are sooooo touchy about their race.
> >
> Interesting. I think I had the ducks fully join my tribe once a long
> time ago, just before the end of a game. However what I always seem to
> end up with is some lawyer type raising objections, and us giving them
> something like confederate status where they are sort of like in the
> tribe but not really. The one time that I tried to have the ducks be
> quite generous with their gifts to the tribe members they quacked off
> in a huff I think (I might be confusing this was with a clan trying to
> join, I'm not sure).
>
> If you've gotten them to fully join, can you give a hint on what you
> did?
>
> As an aside, just a few days ago, on probably at least my dozenth long
> game (if not more) and a couple of years of playing, I hit a whole new
> piece of one of the threads that I hadn't encountered before. This game
> really does have incredible play to it!
>
> --Bryan

I purposely curry favour with my ducks neighbour in my latest replay. When the time comes to choose which clans to include in our tribe, 9 choices we had, yet none of it was duck.

I keep showering them with gifts and honouring heroquests on their behalf, to bring us closer. In the end, the Beaker Ducks petition to join our tribe. Of course the rest of the clans refused and laugh at us. I persist with reloading to see what types of result I can get. The best to my experience is for them to be accepted as only special ally.

Pestering them with gifts afterwards and begging for alliance only gets snickers from them, giving excuses that a special ally arrangement is already the best it will be.

PS seems like the ending has been extended from the old one that I used to know. Sooooo many extra paintings has been added, what a wonderful show of beautiful collage. Appropriate close to a long chapter, ending mp3 should be added next.