Re: Salmon Guy

From: bethexton <bethexton_at_...> <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 16:41:34 -0000

He seems to show up more regularly when you take the Sea as an enemy. I think he also has a better chance to succeed (after all, you are experienced at fighting the forces of water, so your support may be better than other folks).

Flooding can indeed be devestating, especially since you very often get a flood in the first couple of years when your margin of survival is slim. However, if you then give away generously to neighbors suffering even more than you it does wonders for your reputation, and may even end feuds. I suspect that this would work best with a peace clan that is aiming for very quick tribe building. Something like Ernalda as your main goddess (so you can early quest for improved crop yields and healthier, more fertile cows to offset the flood damage), your first major event being the clan making dance (so that you start knowing the making of the storm tribe quest), and keep Elmal after the dawn so that you start with Steadfast (I think?) to give you a chance to survive the early attacks. Hmmmm, I'll have to give it a try, my only previous attempt at a peace clan was not a resounding success and switched to being balanced.

Back to the Salmon guy. If he more reliably showed up early, the extra 50 food a year would help offset the damage of the early flood, but if he is more common, he is still random and may not show up until after you are well established.

--Bryan